Given that this is currently very experimental code I didn't think an article about how to use it was in order yet since it's not released, but it makes sense to do this nevertheless. :)
- Get the code from SVN per the instructions at the gna.org project page. The URL for the SVN project page is https://gna.org/svn/?group=gnustep
- You should be able to go to the GNUstep project and choose Source Code->Use Subversion and follow the instructions there. Once you check out, the code should be located at gnustep/modules/plugins/themes/GnomeTheme.
- Make certain you have all of the necessary GNOME packages installed as well as their dev equivalents, these include (please let me know if I'm missing anything):
- Build GNUstep's core libraries... there are plenty of tutorials on how to do this.
- You should then be able to build the GNOME theme and install it simply by doing:
- make install (as root)
- Once that's done, you can start using the theme in one of three ways:
- defaults write NSGlobalDomain GSTheme GnomeTheme
- open the Info panel of the app you want to test the theme with and choose the theme for the application there
- open SystemPreferences and go to the Themes module and choose the theme from the list of themes available there.
Please let me know if there's anything I missed here or if any further information is needed. GC