Saturday, September 20, 2014
I really do hate being right sometimes. I believe that's enough said on the subject, don't you? All I know now is that action must be taken. The era of closed source languages is over and has been for some time.
Monday, September 15, 2014
My personal todo list on GNUstep at the moment in no particular order:
- XIB v5 support, currently working on this.
- Complete XIB/NIB creation via Gorm
- NSMetadata classes
- Involves looking into GWorkspace to see how metadata is extracted for files and to separate this functionality out.
- Printing on Windows. Integration with PrintDlg and GDI Printing API on Windows.
- Fix issues in buildtool/xcodebuild clone.
- WebKit implementation/Browser using CEF+elements of SWK
- Class Parser bugs fixed for ProjectCenter.
I have worked hard to get it to this point, but all of the classes in Catalina are now present in GNUstep's base implementation. Soon, ...
Are we really going to fall for it again?
It's unfortunate that SCOTUS has ruled as it has on In Re: Bilski since this was a landmark opportunity to strike down the patentability...
As announced on their blog and on WWDC, Swift 2.0 will be going open source: https://developer.apple.com/swift/blog/?id=29 GNUstep will ...